Monday, August 10
NICK WINKELMAN, PhD, XPS, CSCS*D
• Head of Athletic Performance & Science, Irish Rugby Football Union
• Former Director of Education and NFL Combine Lead, EXOS
• Author of "The Language of Coaching: The Art & Science of Teaching Movement"
The Language of Coaching: A Story About Learning
Based on his newly released book, "The Language of Coaching", Nick Winkelman takes you on a practical journey through the world of coaching science and the intersection between a coach’s words and their client’s movement. If you agree that how you coach is as important as what you coach, then you’re not going to want to miss this.
Tuesday, August 11
RACHEL COSGROVE,CSCS, CISSN
• Co-owns and operates Results Fitness, named one of the top ten gyms in the US by Men’s Health
• 2012 IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year
• Consultant for Nike, Livestrong.com, and Women’s Health
The Female Body Breakthrough Over 40
Beginning in their 30’s women can lose muscle and bone mass every year while gaining body fat, putting themselves at risk for a number of diseases. Fortunately, as fitness professionals we can have a huge impact on this demographic. In fact, women over 40 can be one of the most rewarding client types for a coach to work with. Join Rachel as she shares the proven, real-world coaching tools and programming strategies that help her female clients overcome psychological barriers and maximize their physical potential in their 40’s -- and beyond.
Wednesday, August 12
CHUCK WOLF, MS, FAFS
• Director of Sport Science & Human Performance for Human Motion Associates
• Consults with clients ranging from the rehabilitation setting to professional athletes of the highest skill levels, including many of the top 50 golfers on the PGA & LPGA tours
• Considered one of the industry’s leading authorities on functional anatomy and program design
Shouldering the Load from the Ground Up
We are all athletes whether it is in the field of athletics of the field of life. Shoulder injuries often result from limitations that develop within other regions of the body and then compensated by the shoulder girdle. Learn how important hip and thoracic function are to allow the shoulder successful movements. Develop strategies to improve shoulder function that is applicable for both athletes and those that do not partake in sports.
Thursday, August 13
• Co-founder and Co-owner of Mark Fisher Fitness in NYC, named one of Men’s Health’s Top Gyms in America
• Co-Founder of Business for Unicorns
• 2x Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Companies in America (including #312 in 2015)
Getting More Clients Without Being Cheesy, Spammy, or Salesy
If you're in the fitness industry, it's because you're passionate about helping your clients and athletes. But whether you own a facility, train athletes, or work with clients in a big box gym, sustainable success requires more than just being a high caliber coach. Want to make the biggest possible impact? Then you have to know how to build a stream of prospects and inspire clients and athletes to work with you. In this lecture, you'll leave with immediately actionable tools to grow your training business, increase your income, and make more impact, all without being "cheesy, spammy, or salesy."
Friday, August 14
IAN MANNING, MSPT
• Physical Therapist, Orthopedic Specialist
• Owner of OrthoCore Physical Therapy
• Titleist Certified Medical and Fitness Professional
How to Use PNF Patterns to Improve Mobility & Strength
PNF is a technique that has been used in training since the 1940’s. It is the ground work for our most common exercises such as the chop and lift. Learn the basic patterns and techniques to help your clients use their neurological system to improve their mobility and strength.