Kettlebell 101 Workshop
Perform Better is very excited to announce its first ever Kettlebell 101 Workshop Webinar - via Zoom - taught by celebrity trainer Don Saladino and strength coach Chris Holder. Regarded as one of the most effective training tools in fitness, this full day event will be catered to the newcomer to kettlebell training. Taking the somewhat intimidating reputation of this style of training, Don and Chris will use their combined 30+ years of teaching kettlebell work, and make it understandable, approachable and effective- without losing any of the incredible fitness benefits.
About this Seminar:
In the works for nearly six months, Don and Chris wanted to create course that would have the feel of an actual personal training session for each one of the participants. With that in mind, much of the fluff that you would experience in other courses has been cut out and what is left will be an eight-hour immersion into teaching the most common exercises.
“We want the participants to have the feeling of being in the studio, gym or weight room with us both. As if they were coming to us for a one-on-one session, we have built into the teachings our sure fire way to get even the newest kettlebeller up and moving well in minutes. Long over are the days of laborious three day weekends to get the info, we want to teach this group exactly how we teach our personal training clients. Clear, concise and to the point using tried and true cues and concepts to get even the most inexperienced user a rich understanding in the quickest way possible.”
This one-day event will cover the foundational six exercises, taught in a way that only Don and Chris can. They are:
1) The Swing- the most recognizable of the kettlebell exercises, the swing addresses nearly all categories of fitness: strength, power, speed, mobility and conditioning.
2) The Squat- following Holder’s Big Four principals, we will teach the squat in a way that has never been heard before. The aim is to have a deep understanding of how to execute a magazine worthy squat while eliminating all of the unnecessary extras.
3) The Clean- probably one of the most misunderstood exercises, we will show multiple applications to make this commonly forgotten movements into one of your must haves when you train.
4) The Press- a classic strength exercise, the press teaches us a ton about tension and how to make it work for you to express leverage and power.
5) The Get Up- likely one of the most effective exercises you can find for total body wellness, Don and Chris will show you how they teach this to huge groups of hundreds at a time, and getting them moving with precision.
6) The Snatch- one of Don’s absolute favorites, the snatch is a graduation of sorts for the newcomer. Something you almost have to earn. It’s the seamless marriage between the swing and press that is the true test of your kettlebell competency.
The day will be broken into seven parts. Each exercise will get its due focus with an accompanied Q&A to sort out commonly asked questions. We will build in a 30-minute break midday for lunch and then conclude the day with a lengthy programming lecture. What we can guarantee is when the day concludes, you will have all of the exercises polished along with a game plan on how you are going to begin your journey in your day to day.
For men, we recommend having either a 16-24kg kettlebell before the event. Ladies, an 8-16kg bell. Obviously, having multiple bells is best (in those ranges) to have an appropriate bell as we move from exercise to exercise. It is, however, not mandatory that you have a bell for the event, but we strongly encourage you to get some so you can go through the entire day, practicing and learning on the job.
“We’ve been the best of friends for a long time. And it’s been a dream of both ours to teach something like this together. What we have planned is something the fitness world has never seen and we can’t wait to hit the ground running.”