* $149 Single/Double Discounted Rate. Please mention "Perform Better" when reserving your room. Must reserve by May 9th!
* Room blocks are limited availablity. No guarantees. Hotel may be SOLD OUT at any time.
PRESENTERS & TOPICS:
JOHN BERARDI, PhD, CSCS
• Co-Founder of Precision Nutrition
• Advisor to Apple, Equinox, Nike and Titleist
• Has columns on Livestrong.com and HuffingtonPost.com
• Recently selected as one of the 20 smartest fitness professionals in the world and 100 most influential people in fitness
Why Your Clients Fail at Lifestyle Changes and What to Do About It
As trainers, coaches, and therapists, most of our continuing education is based in the sciences. Functional anatomy. Exercise physiology. Nutrient biochemistry. But let's face it... most times it isn't our scientific knowledge that lets us down when it's time to help clients change. Rather it's our ability to coach, guide, and apply science-based "human interaction systems". In this eye-opening talk, Dr. John Berardi will talk about why many clients struggle with change. He’ll share the exact system that he, and his team at Precision Nutrition, have used to create lasting change in over 100,000 clients. (Lecture Only)
MICHAEL BOYLE, MA, ATC
• Internationally reconized expert in strength and conditioning
• Former Strength and Conditioning Consultant for the Boston Red Sox
• Co-owner and content editor for strengthcoach.com
• Former Strength and Conditioning Coach with the US Gold Medal Olympic Teams in Womens's Soccer and Women's Hockey
• Currently owns and operates Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning
Mike will examine the process of conditioning for personal training, small group training and athlete training. Come learn the best and safest ways to prescribe conditioning for your clients and athletes. Emphasis will be on comparing and contrasting work to rest based programs with heart rate based programs.
LEE BURTON, PHd, ATC, CSCS
• Co-Founder of the Functional Movement Screen
• Former Program Director for Athletic Training at Averett University
• Lectures nationally and internationally in the fields of sports medicine and performance enhancement
• Doctorate degree from Virginia Tech with an emphasis in Health Promotion
Screening, Testing & Assessing: What Really Matters
As professionals, we understand the importance of screening, testing and assessing our clients and athletes prior to having them engage in physical activity. However, with all the different tests available to us, we should have an appreciation of what is truly important. It can be overwhelming to decipher not only which test or screen to perform, but also analyze what the data actually means. During this lecture, Lee will provide insight into how to determine what really matters. He will focus on previously collected data and research to offer solutions for what is important based on the population, goals and environment. This hands-on session will feature some of the most effective exercise solutions based on standard screening and testing results.
KEVIN CARR, CFSC, LMT
• General Manager at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning
• Founder of Certified Functional Strength Coach and Movement As Medicine
• Manages treatment and training programs as Head Therapist at Movement As Medicine
• Travels internationally educating for Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning and Certified Functional Strength Coach
Transformational Group Coaching: Leadership, Planning & Execution
Learn to lead, program and coach groups the MBSC way. In this presentation, Kevin will go beyond sets and reps and share some of the priceless “in the trenches” coaching tips that he has learned in his 10 years coaching groups at MBSC. How can you build a group culture that creates leaders? What considerations will help your group programming be both effective and coachable? How can you efficiently manage large groups of athletes on the gym floor? After leaving this presentation you will feel as if you went through a mini MBSC internship and will be able to start programming and leading groups with ease.
GRAY COOK, MSPT, OCS, CSCS
• Co-Founder of the Functional Movement Screen
• Consultant for many universities and pro sports teams in all four major sports
• Lectures nationally and internationally in the fields of physical therapy, sports medicine and performance enhancement
• Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist with American Physical Therapy Association
• Practices physical therapy in Virginia and continues to publish in all areas relating to rehab and exercise
My Body, My Problem
In this session, Gray combines nearly 30 years of professional experience as both a healthcare professional and fitness professional with personal attempts to find balance and stay fit and healthy as an individual. He will explore why professionals often take better care of their clients and patients than they do of themselves. Are we lacking in education or resources or is it a lack of resourcefulness? Join Gray for this review of his personal checklist and refresh your perspective on your own movement health
ALWYN COSGROVE, CSCS
• Owner of Results Fitness, a complete fitness programming and consulting service
• Founder of ResultsFitnessUniversity.com
• One of the Country’s most sought-after fitness professionals
• Author of New Rules of Lifting, New Rules of Lifting for Women and Strong as well as numerous articles and publications
• Consultant for Rodale Publications and Men's Health magazine
What High Performing Gyms Have in Common
Having been running Results Fitness for 18 years and working with gyms all around the world this brand-new talk will cover the key things that the most successful gyms in the world have in common. It’s easy to see the differences but it's more valuable to see the commonalities. In this session, Alwyn will cover the key difference makers from systems, to program design to marketing. His hands-on will be an example of the type of programs that the good gyms are doing.
ERIC CRESSEY, MA, CSCS
• Owner of Cressey Sports Performance, with facilities in MA and FL
• Coach and Consultant to a wide variety of athletes, from youth sports to the professional and Olympic levels
• Off-season strength and conditioning coach to over 100 players, from every organization in Major League Baseball
• Consultant to New Balance
• Author of daily blog at EricCressey.com
How Posture Impacts Pain & Performance
Posture is one of the most controversial topics in the fields of health and human performance. In this presentation, Eric will look at the related research and present anecdotal evidence and case studies to bring some clarity to the debate on just how important having "good posture" - if it even exists - really is.
ROBERT DOS REMEDIOS, MA, CSCS
• Nike Elite Performance Coach and Consultant
• Served as the Director of Speed, Strength & Performance at College of the Canyons from 1999 - 2015
• 2006 NSCA Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Year
• National speaker on sports conditioning and speed development
• Author of Men’s Health Power Training and Cardio Strength Training
Metabolic Resistance Training (MRT)
It’s no surprise that High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is extremely popular but the ‘Rules’ of interval training are often broken in these workouts and actual training loads are not considered. We will dive into the research and pinpoint the most effective and efficient methods to get the most bang for your buck in your training sessions. You and your clients will benefit from protocols designed to dial in training loads and rest periods that optimize results and promote all-important work capacity.
TODD DURKIN, MA, CSCS, NCTMB
• Founder of Fitness Quest 10 (San Diego, CA)
• Lead Training Advisor, Under Armour
• Top 100 Most Influential People in Health & Fitness, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015
• Conducts Mastermind Groups for fitness professionals desiring business, training, and personal mastery
CONTAGIASM – Building & Scaling Your Brand to IMPACT the Universe
We all have dreams and aspirations that we can change the world. Unfortunately, sometimes we get caught in the everyday minutia of training clients or running a business that can leave us feeling tired, stuck, or even burnt-out. This can negatively affect your sessions, your culture, and your business success. In this talk, Todd will share his 7 “Must-Do’s” to thrive personally, succeed locally, and explode your brand universally. This will include top-level business strategies to grow a fitness brand, how to best build and lead a team to grow your tribe, marketing hacks to scale your message, and a few secret tactics to gain a competitive advantage over your competition. It’s time to catch some CONTAGIASM!
• Co-founder/ Co-owner of Mark Fisher Fitness in NYC
• Co-Founder of Business for Unicorns
• 2x Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Companies in America (including #312 in 2015)
• One of Men's Health's "Top Gyms in America"
• Press Features include NY Times, NY Post, Huff Post, Wall St. Journal, Forbes, Details, and more
• International Speaker and Consultant
Coaching Conversations: The Missing Tool
As fitness professionals, we're trained in how to apply sets and reps towards fitness goals. We learn to look at movement and we study program design. When it comes to physiology, we've got it down. But we often receive less training in the most important skill of all; having conversations that inspire our clients to change their behavior. In this interactive session, Mark will share the specific techniques and process employed by the Mark Fisher Fitness team to help their clients get clarity around what they really want and inspire them to be consistent and take action. In the hands-on session, attendees will learn how the Mark Fisher Fitness team balances smart group training with creating memorable experience for their “Ninjas”.
MOLLY GALBRAITH, CSCS
• Co-Founder and Owner, Girls Gone Strong
• Creator of the Coaching & Training Women Academy
• National speaker on women's strength training and empowerment
• Author, The Modern Woman's Guide to Strength Training
A Woman’s Worth: How to Help Your Female Clients Improve Their Body Image
76-78% of women in the U.S. and Canada report being dissatisfied with their bodies and 85% of women report opting out of important life events because of the way they look. Body dissatisfaction and poor body image negatively impact women's lives, and health and fitness professionals can have a profound role in changing that. In this presentation Molly will discuss why negative body image is so damaging for women, how it affects society as a whole, and offer specific, actionable strategies coaches and trainers can use to help their clients dramatically improve their body image and their experience working with you.
ALI GILBERT, CSCS*D, TPI Level 3, FMS 2, CFSC, USAW
• Golf Digest Top 50 Golf Fitness Professional
• Partner of Greenwich DX Sports Labs
• Director of Performance at CLAY Health Club
• Founder of Metabolic Golf
• Lectures nationally on men’s health & hormone optimization
The Other 23 Hours: What Matters When We’re Not Training
The one hour that clients spend with us may not be the most important one, as many factors outside our training session impact results. Outside elements affect our client's lifestyles, creating hurdles than can often be overcome through methods aside from training. In this presentation, Ali will go over the impact that training and nutrition have on our bodies, what we can do about it, and what is important to understand to achieve the highest results.
JUSTIN GRINNELL, CSCS, CPT, FMS 2, PnII
• Founder of State of Fitness (East Lansing, MI), an 11,000 square foot personal training facility
• Founder of Jackson State of Fitness, a corporate wellness personal training facility servicing over 2,000 employees
• Featured writer for Muscle & Fitness Magazine
• Author of the E-book series including The Grinnell Lifestyle: My Nutritional Doctrine, How to Build a Rockstar Personal Training Internship Program and The GTS Training Model at State of Fitness
• Speaker for the National Fitness Business Alliance with Thomas Plummer
• Personal Training Advisory Board Member for Retro Fitness and KokoFit Clubs
From Personal Trainer to Training Facility Owner: What It Takes to Become a Master Trainer
The role of a personal trainer is evolving faster than ever. The level of professionalism and grit it takes to become a successful trainer and training facility owner has a higher bar set than ever before. Becoming certified and having the dream of opening up your own facility is a start, but you must earn the role of becoming a master trainer with thousands of hours in the trenches, a vast amount of continuing education, and ultimately mentoring other trainers. So, how do you get there? With over 16-years in the industry, Justin will outline the roadmap to not only becoming a successful personal trainer and training facility owner, but also the tools that it takes to become a trainer that can get clients results and show other trainers how to do the same.
JOSH HENKIN, CSCS
• CEO, Ultimate Sandbag Training
• Creator of the Ultimate Sandbag and the Dynamic Variable Resistance Training System
• Developer of US Army Special Forces Recruiting Battalion Fitness Preparation Program
• Consultant to professional and collegiate sports programs
Strong, Stable & Mobile Principles of Healthy Shoulders, Low Backs and Knees
This session is designed to help attendees understand the functional connection of shoulders, low backs, and knees. Understanding how the body actually functions in these chains will show you how quickly we can improve the strength, range of motion, and stability of these problematic areas. Learn how to establish a powerful foundation and how to progress these exercises that lead to better performance and injury resiliency.
MARC LEBERT, NLP
• President of Lebert Fitness, a global leader in the development of training tools
• Silver Lining Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2010
• NEOS International Personal Trainer of the Year
• Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Health Influencers by Opimyz Magazine
• Finalist, Canfitpro Fitness Professional of the Year 2012
• Member of the Canfitpro Fitness Advisory Panel
Revamp Your Bootcamp
Come experience portable equipment solutions for bodyweight strength training, agility, mobility, partner work and much more! Every major muscle and movement skill will be explored and challenged with the extremely versatile EQualizer®, ground based partner training with the Buddy System™ and crazy challenging calisthenics with the new Lebert Parallettes! All training is easily adaptable for personal training, group fitness and bootcamps. (Hands-On Only)
INGRID MARCUM, CSCS
• Owner and lead trainer, BGB Fitness, 2007-present
• Leads the CrossFit Weightlifters Training Course in Europe, Canada, Brazil & the US
• Head strength coach for the women’s US National Field Hockey Team 2001-2003
• Former US Bobsled World Team member and 2006 and 2010 Olympic Bobsled Team alternate
• USA Weightlifting Olympic Trials 2004 and 2008
Crawl, Walk, Run, Play: Building A Better Warm-Up
How do skilled athletes move so well, especially when challenged during competition? The ability to move well without thinking about it – to PLAY, competitively or recreationally, is the ultimate expression of movement competency. It requires connection, motor control and efficient transfer of speed, strength and power, and is developed progressively–similar to crawling before we walk. How do you regularly work on things like crawling, breathing work, mobility, stability, activation and movement and still have time to train? How do you put it all together and make it both effective and enjoyable? In this session, you’ll learn the basics of an effective warm-up that incorporates all of that and more, and can be tailored to the needs of the session to help your clients move toward their own movement freedom! (Hands-On Only)
• Owner of Alloy, the highest revenue per square foot facility in the country since 1992
• CEO of Alloy Personal Training Solutions, a consulting and licensing company with over 900 clubs and licensees worldwide
• Board Member for ACE, GFFA, AFS, GA State Univ. and Atlanta School of Fitness
• Contributor to multiple national publications, such as Men’s Health
7 Figure Small Group
My original training gym has been open for 25 years! In that time we have performed every type of coaching from 1 on 1 to virtual training and everything in between. The one type of training that has consistently differentiated us from other clubs/trainers is our small group format (2-6 people). We service well over $1 million in revenue in this type of training alone! Come learn our business systems, training protocols and why the small group structure is where things are really headed for great coaches and training clubs. It’s taken us 25 years to get it right, so please let me give you a massive shortcut to helping more people and making more money. (Lecture Only)
PERRY NICKELSTON, DC, ANF, FMS, SFAM, NKT
• Owner of Stop Chasing Pain, LLC, a sports medicine rehabilitation center in Ramsey, NJ
• Chiropractic Physician with primary focus on Performance Enhancement, Corrective Exercise and Movement Assessment
• Expert in myofascial, orthopedic, medical and trigger point soft tissue therapy combined with deep tissue laser treatment
• Member of the Board of Directors and Medical Staff Advisor for the American Institute for Medical Laser Application
• Functional Movement Screen Instructor
Quick and Easy Ways to Improve Your Endurance
Mental and visual fatigue undermines athletic endurance. Two thirds of brain sensory input are devoted to processing and coordinating visual feedback. When eye muscles and the optic nerve become fatigued mental sharpness plummets. Sure you can train for endurance, hydrate, and eat for competition, but if you don’t take care of the eyes you are going to crash hard. Learn how to quickly assess the optic nerve and the eye muscles for weakness and the three-step process for recovery. Once you discover what few people know you can unleash power and strength like never before.
BILL PARISI, BBA, CSCS
• Founder and Chairman of Parisi Speed School, a 95+ location franchise network with over 300 Full-Time Performance Coaches
• Author of Success Patterns - Strategies to Building a Multimillion Dollar Training Business and “Don’t ‘Should’ On Your Kids: Build Their Mental Toughness”
• Recognized as one of the most successful personal training entrepreneurs in the world with a 25-year successful track record of consistent growth
• Built his original fitness business in 1992 from a $500 van and $50,000 in debt into a globally recognized organization with yearly sales in excess of 20 million dollars
Maximizing Speed & Power with Young Athletes & Adult Clients
In this session Bill will take a deep dive into the understanding of the different energy and movement systems that generate power. The information to be presented is based on both peer reviewed research and practical experience spanning more than 25 years of work with young and adult clients seeking to optimize sports performance. You will gain a foundational understanding of how to communicate proper techniques to increase rate of force production, as well as movement strategies for enhanced acceleration, change of direction, and maximum running speeds. Drill progressions for each movement strategy will be provided to give attendees a complete road map for programming. This is a must-see presentation for anyone working with clients who want to become more athletic and injury resilient, regardless of age or ability.
• Founder of the National Fitness Business Alliance
• Author of the 9 best selling business books in the history of the fitness industry
• Internationally acclaimed presenter and consultant
• Considered by many to be the most influential person working in the fitness industry today
Overcoming Under Earning – Making the Most You Can from What You Have
Professional coaches don’t make the money they are worth. We kill our earning potential by selling ourselves short using tools that are decades out of style and not efficient in today’s competitive fitness market. How much do you want to make during the next five years and how will you live up to this goal? This workshop is about how to create wealth as a professional coach and how to maximize your time, talent and energy through the coming years. Never sell yourself short again. Earn what you deserve and learn to max the most money living the dream as a professional trainer. (Lecture Only)
• Co-owner and Educator at Certified Functional Strength Coach
• Co-owner and Therapist at Movement As Medicine
• Lead Strength Coach at Crossover Health in San Jose, CA
• Former Performance Director at Mike Boyle Strength & Conditioning
The Stability WOD: This Looks A Lot Like That!
For many of the attendees in our Certified Functional Strength Coach course something clicks when we explain how a leg lower corrective is really a single leg deadlift on your back; that our lying hip flexion drill effectively leads us to proper sled marching mechanics. Coaches begin to see the “why” and the “how” come together. This lecture and hands-on session will show you how to lock in your mobility work with stability progressions to get better fitness outcomes.
• Host of The Strength Coach Podcast & Strength Coach TV
• Partner at StrengthCoach.com
• Author of "Success in the Fitness Industry"
• Founder of Five Iron Fitness, a golf performance facility
• Founder of CONTINUE- an online education platform
Success in the Fitness Industry- 7 Things I Learned from the Best of the Best
In the 10 years of doing the Strength Coach Podcast, Anthony has interviewed over 300 fitness professionals, physical therapists, business owners and doctors. For his book on Success in the Fitness Industry, he picked 50 of the best of the best to dive deeper into their journey of the pursuit of mastery. What is success? What drives them? How do they stay on track? How do they push through their worst times? In this lecture, he will go over the 7 things he learned from his extensive interviews with them. (Lecture Only)
• Owner of PatRigsby.com
• Founded two different award-winning fitness franchises
• Owned and led over 25 different fitness and sports performance businesses
• Author or Co-Author of 11 books including The Fitness Entrepreneur’s Handbook
• Leads Mastermind and Coaching Groups for fitness business owners to grow their clientele
The Future of Fitness Business: The Blueprint for Success in a Changing Market
In this presentation, you'll discover how you can position yourself to succeed now and in the future within the fast-evolving fitness industry. You'll learn what you must do to stand out from the competition, earn more and take advantage of your strengths to design a business that will thrive for the long-term. If you want to command higher rates, enjoy better retention and grow a business you enjoy, don't miss this session. (Lecture Only)
MARTIN ROONEY, MHS, PT, CSCS
• Founder of Training For Warriors, with over 300 affiliate locations in 28 countries
• Certified over 4,000 trainers worldwide in the Training For Warriors Certification
• Best Selling Author of Warrior Cardio, Training for Warriors, Train to Win, and Ultimate Warrior Workouts
• Consultant to numerous Professional Sport Teams, Division I Universities, Fortune 500 companies and Military Organizations
10 Ways to Inspire Your Clients (and Yourself) for Amazing Results
Want to inspire more people? Do you need to reignite your own “fire” for fitness? Martin, known as one of the most motivating coaches in the industry, will show you the 6 Mindsets and 10 Skill Sets needed to get the best out of your people. If you would love to connect with more people and build a bigger community around your program, you cannot afford to miss the tips and tactics of this energizing lecture and hands on.
COREY TAYLOR, YSAS, USAW LEVEL 2
• Owner, Corey Taylor Sports Performance in Louisville, Kentucky
• Nationally recognized sports performance coach, powerful motivator, presenter, author and creator of “Footwork” DVD
• Nationally recognized for his NFL Combine Prep Program
• Head performance coach of the College Gridiron Showcase all-star game since 2015
• First recipient of the International Youth Conditioning Association (IYCA) Coach of Distinction 2014 and finalist for Coach of the Year in 2015
• Presenter CanFit Pro 2017, NorCal Fitness Summit 2017, IDEA World and East 2016
Maximizing Athletes Game Speed to Perform Better
In every sport, games are decided by a fraction of an inch or getting to the spot a millisecond sooner. Because of this, every athlete works to achieve any speed advantage they can. Until recently, training methods to achieve this edge have been a mystery. In this presentation, trainers and coaches will learn specific speed, agility and quickness techniques that can be used with athletes ranging from age 7 to the professional level. This session will help you get your athletes the ultimate advantage in their sport. Corey will breakdown the basic functions of running mechanics for athletes of all ages and teach you how to implement speed as a movement quality into your training programs. (Hands-On Only)
AL VERMEIL, CSCS
• President of Vermeil Sports & Fitness Inc.
• Former Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Chicago Bulls
• Only Strength & Conditioning Coach to have World Championship rings from both the NFL and the NBA
• Honored in 2003 by being one of the initial inductees to the Strength Coaches Hall of Fame
Strength complexes are an excellent way to evaluate the extensibility of muscles as well as the mobility of many joints. The different variations that can be applied to these complexes will allow you to use them for all of your clients and athletes, whether they are novice or advanced. In this presentation, Al will describe different strength complexes, show how they can be done easily and explain how and why they can benefit everyone.
CHARLIE WEINGROFF, DPT, ATC, CSCS
• Physical Therapist and Strength & Conditioning Coach at Drive495
• Former Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, Philadelphia 76ers, NBA
• Former Lead Physical Therapist, United States Marine Corps Special Operations Command
• Fitness Director, Roddick-Lavalle School of Tennis
• International Speaker, Training = Rehab Seminar Series
Efficient Energy System Training: Best Bang for Your Buck
Designing programs are often based around certain exercise selections and orthopedic concerns, however most people don’t take the time to look at the risk-rewards of a work-rest ratio. When analyzing and manipulating energy system demands we may find great benefit in all areas of pain, mobility, motor skills, and fitness. In this talk, Charlie will examine the effects of intense training choices which can lead to the values of a very efficient and high return training program.
TODD WRIGHT, CSCS, FAFS
• Assistant Coach – Head of Strength and Conditioning, Philadelphia 76’ers
• Fellow of Applied Functional Science
• Founder and owner of Train 4 the Game, a functional training and performance center in Austin, TX
• Over 20 years of coaching experience in collegiate basketball (Clemson and Texas)
• Consulted for Nike Global Basketball, Nike SPARQ and the Nike Performance Council
In this presentation, Todd will show you how to take any exercise and three dimensionalize it. He will provide the knowledge of why and show the core matrices and movement patterns that he has used with his athletes, as well as with general fitness populations. Come learn how the principles of Human Movement and Applied Functional Science drive the strategy of the Matrix and why it is such an important piece of knowledge to have in the Functional Training world.
Perform Better's Functional Training Summit is designed to provide trainers, coaches, and therapists with a combination of lectures and hands-on learning experience with many of the top professionals in the industry.
The presenters will include many of the most respected names in training, conditioning, and rehabilitation.
Attendees will have a choice of two lectures and two hands-on sessions every 90 minutes. Sign up for each presentation is not required; however, space may be limited for select hands-on sessions. Friday night complimentary social with the opportunity to network and exchange ideas
Feature presentation, question and answer session. Centrally located in beautiful Orlando, FL.
Personal Trainers, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Coaches & anyone interested in learning more about the latest concepts in Functional Training and Rehabilitation.
NSCA - 1.6
NASM - 1.9
A full refund can be issued if cancelled 21 days prior to the event.
Check out this video from last years Providence summit...