SUE FALSONE, PT, MS,SCS, ATC, CSCS, COMT, RYT
• Owner / Founder of Structure and Function Education
• Associate Professor, Athletic Training, A.T. Still University
• Former Head Athletic Trainer, LA Dodgers and US Men’s National Soccer Team
• Former Vice President of Athletes’ Performance (EXOS)
• Currently consults with professional athletes and professional teams
• Author: Bridging the Gap from Rehab to Performance
Bridging the Gap from Rehab to Performance
Taking an injured athlete from table to field is a complicated task, with multiple variables to consider along the way. Professionals must come together to bridge the gap, not only between stages of return to play but with each other, creating a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach for return to sport. In this session, Sue will discuss the various stages of returning an athlete from injury to sport. Everything from identifying the pain generator to power production will be discussed in a systematic way for quick implementation into your current practice model.
JASON GLASS, BHK, CSCS, TPI
• One of the world’s top Rotational Strength & Conditioning Specialists
• Coaches and consults for PGA, LPGA, NFL, NHL, MLB and Extreme Sport athletes
• Owns and operates The Tour Performance Lab and Kinetica Performance LTD in Vancouver, BC
• Head of the Titleist Performance Institute Fitness Advisory Board
• Published 3 DVDs and featured on the Golf Channel & CBC Sports and host of the Coach Glass Podcast
LoadXplode: Rotational Power
Creating rotational power and speed in your athletes requires specific training protocols that may seem unconventional in the world of strength and conditioning. The concepts presented in this session will provide you with the philosophy, program design and feature exercise and screening techniques designed to release the speed your athletes already possess. Jason will discuss the importance of Lateral Power, Pelvic/Scapular Control, Side Bend, and go deep into his High Threshold Training philosophy. It is time to LoadXplode!
• Over 35 years teaching and coaching at the high school and collegiate levels
• American Record Holder, Weight Pentathlon, and National Champ (Masters) in Discus Throwing, Olympic Lifting and Weight Pentathlon
• Editor of Get Up! the free online newsletter for lifting and throwing
• Author of Never Let Go, Can You Go and Intervention
• Fulbright Scholar to the Middle East
Economics 101 & the Strength Coach
Elite Performance is all about balancing Cost-to-Benefit Ratios. There is a lot of cost in superior performance, but the lessons learned can help everybody else thrive in their training and workouts. From equipment selection to exercise choices and programming, a few simple minutes of thinking and reflection can save money, surgeries and synapses.
STUART MCGILL, PhD
• Professor for 32 years who explored back pain mechanisms, rehabilitation and performance training
• Author of hundreds of scientific journal papers and has mentored over 40 graduate students
• Consultant to athletes, government agencies, and corporations around the world
Working with the Back Pained Client
Many potential clients cannot tolerate a training session until they create pain free capacity. Professor McGill will explain approaches to build clients and address the cause of pain with appropriate movement. He will also discuss exercise progressions together with guidelines to enhance success for both the client and trainer.
Gift of Injury: Restoring the Strength Athlete Following Back Injury
Back injury, when handled appropriately, need not be a career ender. Come hear Professor McGill tell the story of Champion powerlifter, Brian Carroll, who suffered a substantial back injury, leaving him crippled with pain. An assessment directed his rehab program to callous the bone and adapt the tissues to bear load again without pain. Then the program shifted to restoring his athleticism. In this session, Dr. McGill will discuss the general strength programming principles used by the great ones.
ROBB ROGERS, MEd, CSCS, MSCC
• Former Strength Coach at Richard Petty Racing
• Been named conference coach of the year, national coach of the year
• Consults with major college strength and conditioning programs
• Author of numerous manuals, articles and educational DVDs
Training for Dollars and Training for Fun
Do you train people or change lives? Do you create intensity or a positive impact? Meeting the challenge of staying fresh and relative in today’s world of the training industry can be exceedingly difficult. Constant learning and reinventing your style is one thing, but you can never lose sight of your main focus. Goal attainment, client connection and challenging your trainers, clients and self is paramount to being fresh. Come learn how to make your best day today and your best work play.
GREG ROSE, DC
• Co-Founder of the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) in Oceanside, CA
• Co-Host of the Golf Fitness Academy sponsored by Titleist on the Golf Channel
• Advisory Board Member for the National Pitching Association
• Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician and Fellow in the International Association of Clinical Acupuncture
Unlocking Mobility: How to Create Flexibility That Lasts
Mobility is one of the biggest challenges that fitness professionals face every day with their clients. Many times, nothing we do can help increase their overall range of motion. In this presentation, Dr. Rose will present the latest research on effective mobility programs that can be used by any fitness professional.
DON SALADINO, TPI-3, SFG II, SFB, RKC, FRC, NASM
• Owner of Drive fitness in NYC
• Fitness and wellness expert
• Sport and fitness advocate for Garden of life
• Partners in Garden of Life, Sport Playbook App, Epicured Meal Delivery & Greyson Clothiers
• Golf/fitness expert for Revolutiongolf.com
Deconstructing Social Media
Come learn how to monetize your business and marketing through social media. Watch how I almost quadrupled my media following in less than 6 months. Learn how I am scaling my business without taking on more overhead. Learn the nuts and bolts on how to put it all together. (Lecture Only)
EMILY SPLICHAL, DPM, MS, CES
• CEO / Founder of the Evidence Based Fitness Academy
• Podiatrist and Human Movement Specialist
• Creator of the Barefoot Training Specialist Certification for health and wellness professionals
• Actively involved in barefoot training research and barefoot education as it relates to athletic performance, injury prevention and human movement dysfunction
Brain. Barefoot. Bipedalism
Join Dr Emily Splichal as she explores how the optimization of congnitive processing in athletes and clients is based on the evolutionary connection between sensory sequencing and bipedalism. Learn how to better assess dual tasking coordination in aging clients or athletes post-concussion as well as better prepare optimal programming based on the stimulation of the sensory system and motor cortex. This session is invaluable for all trainers and coaches.
LEE TAFT, MS, CSCS, USATF LEVEL 1
• Owner of Lee Taft Athletic Consulting
• Lectures to coaches, schools, and organizations both nationally and internationally on athletic development principles
• Consultant to many athletes, coaches, and teams on the development of multi-directional speed programs
• Creator of the Ground Breaking Movement DVD set and Basketball Speed set as well as many other products offering detailed information on speed
We all know the importance of core strength- it feeds the rest of the body. But this can be no more true than in athletic speed. When the foot hits the ground the core must react and provide. Lee will breakdown how the core works to feed the rest of the body in order to cut and change direction quicker, support the pelvis and spine during sprinting, and create proper positioning when jumping. Lee will also share and take participants through exercises that drive core stability based on angles of force application. The typical core exercises might have a place in systemic control but the exercises and progress Lee will share will directly affect speed and quickness.
MARK VERSTEGEN, MS, CSCS
• President/Founder of EXOS, formerly Athletes’ Performance and Core Performance
• Lectures nationally and internationally in the areas of Performance Enhancement and Sustainable Excellence
• Consultant for many top Professional Teams, Serves as the Director of Performance for the NFLPA, and top fitness companies
• Author of the Core Performance Series and Every Day is Game Day
Mark will share the proven and integrated system around developing world-class Multi-Directional Speed from Movement & Pillar Prep, Movement Skills, Power, Strength, Endurance and Recovery. He will get your body moving to master the basics that you can use with athletes and clients at all levels and backgrounds.