MARTIN ROONEY, MHS, PT, CSCS
• Founder of Training For Warriors, with over 300 affiliate locations in 28 countries
• Certified over 4,000 trainers worldwide in the Training For Warriors Certification
• Best Selling Author of Warrior Cardio, Training for Warriors, Train to Win, and Ultimate Warrior Workouts
• Consultant to numerous Professional Sport Teams, Division I Universities, Fortune 500 companies and Military Organizations
How to Create a Winning Culture
Have you been “grinding” in a gym with your clients and wondering why you aren’t as successful as some other fitness pros? That’s because today your biggest competitive advantage isn’t a cool workout or your fitness knowledge. It’s your “culture”! After helping hundreds of gyms around the world build contagious cultures, Martin shares his secrets on how to develop an environment that not only reignites your business, but rekindles your fire for fitness, too. Join him for his motivational hands-on where you’ll learn to how to create a magnetic team-like atmosphere.
GREG ROSE, DC
• Co-Founder of the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) in Oceanside, CA
• Co-Host of the Golf Fitness Academy sponsored by Titleist on the Golf Channel
• Advisory Board Member for the National Pitching Association
• Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician and Fellow in the International Association of Clinical Acupuncture
The Body-Sport Connection
This presentation will highlight how the body effects sports performance and how to build fitness programs for competitive athletes. Greg will show the most common physical limitations that limit rotary athletes and give you ideas on how to eliminate them.
DON SALADINO, TPI-3, SFG II, SFB, RKC, FRC, NASM
• Owner of Drive fitness in NYC
• Fitness and wellness expert
• Sport and fitness advocate for Garden of life
• Partners in Garden of Life, Sport Playbook App, Epicured Meal Delivery & Greyson Clothiers
• Golf/fitness expert for Revolutiongolf.com
Is Getting to a Million Followers Really Necessary?
Social media has become the marketing machine for many businesses, but it’s more important to more highly engaged followers, than just more followers…period. The social media platforms out there (like Instagram) are continuously changing their algorithms, which may be making engagement more difficult for you. In this talk Don discusses everything from editing your posts to getting more eyeballs on your website. This talk will give you everything you need to know to develop a strong social media presence that converts to a real increase in business. (Lecture Only)
MARCO SANCHEZ, CPT, LMT, CFSC
• Coach at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning
• Senior Educator at Certified Functional Strength Coach
• Clinic Director at Movement As Medicine
• Former Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Worcester Sharks (AHL)
• National and international presenter and educator in personal training and performance enhancement
I’ve Got A Fever and The Only Prescription is More Kettlebell!
Kettlebells are an amazing tool with applications for a wide variety of populations and goals. In this highly interactive session, Marco will breakdown programming and implementing kettlebell basics for both general population clients and athletes. You’ll learn the basic progressions of taking someone from their initial assessment, to deadlifting and swinging kettlebells. You’ll also learn the more advanced kettlebell progressions, such as the snatch, bent press and Turkish Get-Up. (Hands-On Only)
PETER TWIST, MSc
• Founder of Twist Performance & Wellness
• NHL and Olympic sports performance coach
• Author/contributor to over 500 papers, 20 books and manuals, 44 DVD
• 2013 IDEA World Fitness Inspiration Award
• 2015 Inductee to the USA Fitness Hall of Fame
Mindset Mastery: Setting Yourself Up for Success, Resiliency, Happiness and Peak Performance
Even leaders need a place to plug in and recharge – and this lecture is it! Shift your mindset and change how life interacts with you. Understand how to hold your own power. Coaching and training are energy-giving disciplines in a challenging industry. We focus so much of our time on helping others achieve their goals we can get burned out and lose perspective. Coach Twist helps you identify the key guardrails that will keep you on track and moving forward. Learn a mindset worth adopting in all of life and the key strategies required to: overcome challenges, navigate through difficulties, achieve great goals and become more. You’ll head home with potent actions to lead, influence and make a positive impact. If you want to grow your career, refresh your spirit, rekindle your passion and succeed in all areas of life, this lecture is for YOU!
CHARLIE WEINGROFF, DPT, ATC, CSCS
• Physical Therapist and Strength & Conditioning Coach at Drive495
• Former Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, Philadelphia 76ers, NBA
• Former Lead Physical Therapist, United States Marine Corps Special Operations Command
• Fitness Director, Roddick-Lavalle School of Tennis
• International Speaker, Training = Rehab Seminar Series
Mobility and Stability Revisited
The Joint-By-Joint Approach was first discussed by Mike Boyle and Gray Cook as early as 2006. Describing joints as “mobile” and “stable” has been a hallmark of training terminology as coaches and therapists are constantly trying to find the best mix of injury reduction, fitness and performance methods. Charlie will discuss the origins of this model, how to evaluate for it and how to use it to improve both mobility and stability throughout the body. Learn why coaching with this approach can lead to impressive results across populations from the injured to the highest level of performers.
NICK WINKELMAN, PhD, XPS, CSCS*D
• Head of Athletic Performance & Science, Irish Rugby Football Union
• Former Director of Education and NFL Combine Lead, EXOS
• Peer reviewed publications through the NSCA, UKSCA, and IDEA
• Doctorate in coaching science, skill learning, and speed development
The Language of Coaching: A Story About Learning
Join Nick, celebrated performance coach and author of the forthcoming book, Language of Coaching, as he shares what he has learned over the last decade about the partnership between language and learning. This is the story of his educational journey studying the coaching process and the surprising truth about how one person’s mind can become another person’s movement. In the Hands-On session you will not only learn movements relevant for speed, you will start to test drive your ability to coach and cue those movements, receiving immediate feedback from fellow coaches looking to upgrade their way with words.
TODD WRIGHT, CSCS, FAFS
• Assistant Coach – Head of Strength and Conditioning, Philadelphia 76’ers
• Fellow of Applied Functional Science
• Founder and owner of Train 4 the Game, a functional training and performance center in Austin, TX
• Over 20 years of coaching experience in collegiate basketball (Clemson and Texas)
• Consulted for Nike Global Basketball, Nike SPARQ and the Nike Performance Council
Fascia in Training: What It Is and Why It Matters
Learn the science and theory behind fascia and the thought process that supports a multi-planar, integrated full body approach to enhancing and developing the facial system in your programming. Coach Wright shares actual stories of injuries and how to use the concept of Tensegrity = Tension + Integrity, to create a map of understanding to help diagnose dysfunction and pain for your clients. You’ll learn the principles of Applied Functional Science and human movement and how they drive the training strategies selected. The 8 Core Movement Patterns will be presented and how as a coach you can influence these movement patterns to progress (or regress) the athlete and client for success.
Perform Better's Functional Training Summit is designed to provide trainers, coaches, and therapists with a combination of lectures and hands-on learning experience with many of the top professionals in the industry.
The presenters will include many of the most respected names in training, conditioning, and rehabilitation.
Attendees will have a choice of two lectures and two hands-on sessions every 90 minutes. Sign up for each presentation is not required; however, space may be limited for select hands-on sessions. Friday night complimentary social with the opportunity to network and exchange ideas Feature presentation, question and answer session. Centrally located in beautiful downtown Providence, RI
Personal Trainers, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Coaches & anyone interested in learning more about the latest concepts in Functional Training and Rehabilitation.
NSCA - 1.8
NASM - 1.8