COREY TAYLOR, YSAS, USAW LEVEL 2
• Owner, Corey Taylor Sports Performance in Louisville, Kentucky
• Nationally recognized sports performance coach, powerful motivator, presenter, author and creator of “Footwork” DVD
• Nationally recognized for his NFL Combine Prep Program
• Head performance coach of the College Gridiron Showcase all-star game since 2015
• First recipient of the International Youth Conditioning Association (IYCA) Coach of Distinction 2014 and finalist for Coach of the Year in 2015
• Presenter CanFit Pro 2017, NorCal Fitness Summit 2017, IDEA World and East 2016
Maximizing Athletes Game Speed to Perform Better
In every sport, games are decided by a fraction of an inch or getting to the spot a millisecond sooner. Because of this, every athlete works to achieve any speed advantage they can. Until recently, training methods to achieve this edge have been a mystery. In this presentation, trainers and coaches will learn specific speed, agility and quickness techniques that can be used with athletes ranging from age 7 to the professional level. This session will help you get your athletes the ultimate advantage in their sport. Corey will breakdown the basic functions of running mechanics for athletes of all ages and teach you how to implement speed as a movement quality into your training programs. (Hands-On Only)
RICHARD ULM, DC, MS, CSCS
• 15+ years of strength training experience
• International Instructor for Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS)
• Presents nationally to strength coaches, trainers, PTs and physicians about weightlifting, rehabilitation and performance training
• Team Physician for Columbus Weightlifting Club & Project Lift
• Head treating physician at Columbus Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center
Mechanism of Low Back Pain & Injury in Strength Training
Lower back pain and injury are pandemic in the strength training population. An athlete’s performance or career can be limited (or even ended) because of a lower back injury. Tragically, these injuries are often the result of how we train our athletes. Culprits in this include: poor exercise selection, improper periodization and bad cueing. Join Dr. Uln has he details the mechanics of lower back pain and injury and how poor training choices contribute to this process. Then you’ll know how to help bulletproof your athletes’ spines with stability exercises and variations of common strength training movements that promote pain-free function and maximize performance.
PATRICIA VANGALEN, MS, CFSC
• Owner, Active & Agile…Maximizing Mobility Through the Ages
• Over 40 years’ experience in personal training, lecturing, teaching and lifestyle coaching
• Consultant to corporate hospital and executive health fitness and industrial injury risk reduction programs
• Conducts workshops and certification courses both nationally and internationally on training, for resilience, durability and purpose in daily life
Aging Through the Stages – Training Towards Development, Durability and Discovery
What do we hope to be doing physically in our 6th, 7th, 8th plus decades of life? What do our clients tell us about what they want to be doing years from now? It’s not just about health and well-being, looking good and moving well. In what environments, and at what proficiency levels do we need (or want) to be able to move well? Join Pat in reviewing scale-able skills, abilities and movements that we must learn, earn and own, but more importantly KEEP and ‘TWEAK’ for as long as possible. The days of a ‘program’ approach with a beginning and an end are over. Learn how to support a ‘lifetime journey’ strategy of daily habits and patterns coupled with revamped attitudes, perceptions and mindsets. The era of purposeful, engaged and enriched aging is upon us!
MARK VERSTEGEN, MS, CSCS
• President/Founder of EXOS, formerly Athletes’ Performance and Core Performance
• Lectures nationally and internationally in the areas of Performance Enhancement and Sustainable Excellence
• Consultant for many top Professional Teams, Serves as the Director of Performance for the NFLPA, and top fitness companies
• Author of the Core Performance Series and Every Day is Game Day
Purpose-Driven Performance Through Position, Pattern and Power Progressions
Defining your clients' purpose for training, from world-class athletes, everyday working professionals or boomers looking to make the most out of life will benefit by your Performance driven approach. Mark will teach you how to use various Positions, Patterning, and improving Power with your clients to help them decrease pain, prevent pain and perform sustainably toward their evolving goals.
LANCE WALKER, MS, PT
• Current Global Director of Michael Johnson Performance
• NIKE Master Trainer
• Performance coach, registered physical therapist, adjunct professor and clinical instructor with over 25 years of sports performance training and sports medicine experience spanning over 30 professional, elite, collegiate, and high school sports
• Coached a wide range of athletes, ranging from Olympic Gold Medalists, World Champions, World Record Holders, Champion League Stars & Hall of Famers
The Need for Speed: Practical Solutions for Testing, Teaching and Training Linear Speed
Clients, teams, and coaches all want faster athletes, faster results, and faster return-on-investment. Speed training has come in and out of vogue in training communities over the last 20 years, with the past trend of training "indirectly" for speed using weights and plyometrics. Many of the world’s best trainers, coaches, and even physical therapists are starting to re-examine the use of sprint training as a primary modality for performance and health, with several contemporary approaches emerging that are making it easier and more effective than ever before to safely and systematically improve linear speed. Attendees will learn how to leverage the "new science", some inexpensive technology, and 20+ years of practical lessons learned for implementing sprint testing, teaching, and training into their personal and/or group training programs to yield performance improvements.
TODD WRIGHT, CSCS, FAFS
• Assistant Coach – Head of Strength and Conditioning, Philadelphia 76’ers
• Fellow of Applied Functional Science
• Founder and owner of Train 4 the Game, a functional training and performance center in Austin, TX
• Over 20 years of coaching experience in collegiate basketball (Clemson and Texas)
• Consulted for Nike Global Basketball, Nike SPARQ and the Nike Performance Council
Fascia in Training: What It Is and Why It Matters
Learn the science and theory behind fascia and the thought process that supports a multi-planar, integrated full body approach to enhancing and developing the facial system in your programming. Coach Wright shares actual stories of injuries and how to use the concept of Tensegrity = Tension + Integrity, to create a map of understanding to help diagnose dysfunction and pain for your clients. You’ll learn the principles of Applied Functional Science and human movement and how they drive the training strategies selected. The 8 Core Movement Patterns will be presented and how as a coach you can influence these movement patterns to progress (or regress) the athlete and client for success.
ROBERT YANG, CN, CSCS
• National and International speaker in the fields of nutrition and exercise
• Coach and consultant to numerous professional athletes from MLB, LPGA, PGA, NHL, NFL, CFL
• Advisory Board Member for the Titleist Performance Institute and National Pitching Association
• Owns and operates RYI Performance and Nutrition
The Ketogenic Diet: Right or Wrong?
The ketogenic diet is being touted as the “holy grail” and the cure for everything. But should you follow the ketogenic diet? Robert will explore the research and give you evidence based as well as clinical based information so you can make an informed decision as to whether or not you should follow a ketogenic diet. (Lecture Only)
Perform Better's Functional Training Summit is designed to provide trainers, coaches, and therapists with a combination of lectures and hands-on learning experience with many of the top professionals in the industry.
The presenters will include many of the most respected names in training, conditioning, and rehabilitation.
Attendees will have a choice of two lectures and two hands-on sessions every 90 minutes. Sign up for each presentation is not required; however, space may be limited for select hands-on sessions. Friday night complimentary social with the opportunity to network and exchange ideas Feature presentation, question and answer session.
Personal Trainers, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Coaches & anyone interested in learning more about the latest concepts in Functional Training and Rehabilitation.
NSCA - 1.8
NASM - 1.8
A full refund can be issued if cancelled 21 days prior to the event.
Check out the highlights from last year...