Exploring Functional Movement DVD Set
- Live Coaching Session 1 (Part 1)
- Disc 1 Overview
- Reconnecting With The Ground
- Playing with Bodyweight Shifting, Rocking, Rolling and Kneeling Positions
- Live Coaching Session 1 (Part 2)
- Hierarchy of Movement Skills (Locomotive, Manipulative, Combative)
- Postural Integrity and Efficient Quality Movement Patterning
- Squat Drill w/Log vs Traditional Squat
- Introduction and discussion of brain engaged (mindful) exercise
- Erwan conducts several live coaching sessions with two athletes where he through the movements while Gray makes the FMS connections
- Gray explains the learning found in the first section
- Erwan shows the drills in a live coaching session
- Credits and bloopers
- Gray explains the What & Why, the relevance of breaking down the patterns, and describes the MovNat & FMS certifications.
- The 41-page Exploring Functional Movement Exercise Manual. This comprehensive material defines the terms, separates the 37 exercises into movement categories, explains the practical applications, points out the important aspects of each movement, notes the relevant FMS tests for each exercise, and provides a concise table of the material by movement types and FMS patterns.
- A 21-page introduction to Erwan Le Corre’s MovNat physical education system and movement efficiency principles.
- Eight articles written over the last couple of years by Gray Cook, that illustrate important key concepts found in Exploring Functional Movement.
- The bulk of disc 3 is the comprehensive exercise library—exercises categorized by type and developmental path. These are typical outdoor movement drills demonstrated indoors to demonstrate versatility in use.
Fundamental mobility and stability are often the scope of corrective exercises, but how much correction is naturally available? Gray Cook of Functional Movement Systems and Erwan Le Corre of MovNat deliver innovative content that reinforces both the FMS and MovNat principles. These principles are based on the science that exists within natural authentic movements we use every day in activity and exercise.
Gray and Erwan discuss self-limiting exercise, motor control, strength training, corrective strategy, and much more. Packed with live coaching sessions and demonstrations, detailed explanations, and informative discussions, see how these two experts blend the fundamental aspects of natural movement into corrective programs that create unlimited workout potential.
Learn to perform and coach these techniques in this natural movement experience as they showcase how a variety of exercises from the very basic to the more advanced that can be corrective and scalable to address fitness and the function of exercise.
Live Coaching Session 1
(Gray and Erwan)
Live Coaching Session 2
(Gray, Erwan, Brad and Jessica)
Exercise Library, Manuals, and Articles